Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unwanted Guests

So here I am in my pajamas, about to go to bed, when the doorbell rings. I have no idea who it could be. It's the god damn resentment delivery guy. I expected him months ago. He never showed so I kept thinking, "Sweet, I don't ever have to deal with that shit." Well, he came late. Really late. I go to the door and ask him what he wants and he insists on leaving the resentment with me to deal with. I tell him I don't want it. "You're going to have to deal with it eventually," he says naturally. I'm furious because I know he's right so I open the door. The delivery guy leaves it in my living room. How am I supposed to live with this resentment sitting here in my house for me to look at every single day?

Now I'm bitter. Bitter at resentment? So now I begin to resent the resentment and I realize the huge hole I am digging for myself so I need to just face it so that I can kill it and be triumphant over it. To make it go away of course. Easier said than done? I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: